HIPAA requires that you be sure that any PHI you transmit be properly secured. HIPAA is also notorious for being technology neutral; spelling out in great detail what must be accomplished, but without detailed technology specifications necessary to achieve the directives. This has left the specifics of meeting HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules open to widely divergent opinions and recommendations.
We’ve intentionally structured our solutions to be as straightforward and inclusive – with as few unnecessary options and upgrades choices as possible – while still achieving maximum security. We figure you want HIPAA Compliant email, so why make critical pieces to achieving that “optional”?
Here’s a summary of some of the guiding assumptions we used to structure BxB Secure’s basic email solutions:
- Treat every email as if it may contain PHI; don’t require the sender to make decisions that turn the security “on or off” based on tags, subject lines or other protocols that open the door to human error.
- Simplify archival requirements by including a 10-Year Archive.
- Meet the highest levels of spam and filtering protection.
- Streamline the set-up process to be as fast and efficient as possible.
- Provide a secure replacement for FAXing that requires as few internal policy and process changes as possible.
The basic BxB Secure HIPAA Compliant Email service is designed to eliminate the potential for human error and streamline office protocols. Remember, being compliant ultimately rests with the practices and procedures of the end-user, not solely with the technology itself.
Being Simply Secure Means All of the following for all of our subscribers at even the most basic level of service:
- Email, Web, and Forms that meet every Technical Safeguard of the HIPAA Omnibus Rule
- Secure processing of ePHI using email
- Enforced protocol guarantees encryption of your sent messages
- Compliant mobile access
- McAfee spam and filtering protection
- 10-Year Archive
- Business Associate Agreement
- Automatic encryption and seamless delivery which looks and works like regular email between sender and recipient with TLS
- Simple to use, email based, Secure-Line replacement for FAXing
- Either/Or & Both Email Address Naming options: You@YourDomain.Com and You@BxBSecure.com