Our high availability infrastructure is designed and configured with many layers of redundancy and a highly customized architecture to prevent any interruption to your ability to access your email from anywhere at any time.
All of BxB Secure’s servers are located in premium data centers that include:
- Security Certifications: SSAE16, ISO27001, ISO27001, SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3, Safe Harbor, CPS.
- Biometric access controls
- A multi-homed network with redundant OC12 and higher connections to many backbone providers such as AT&T, MCI, WilTel, Sprint, Qwest, Internap, and UUNET.
- 15k SAS and SSD RAID disk subsystems for your email data
- N+1 Redundant Failover UPS Power Supplies backed by generators
- Enterprise Redhat Linux and CentOS
- Sendmail, Panda IMAP, OpenSSL, Apache, GPG, Procmail, MySQL, PHP, Perl
- Nuevasync: Partner for mobile synchronization satisfying all HIPAA rules and security requirements takes a specific collection of account features and settings.
Our “Premium Environment” is used for premium shared accounts and premium dedicated accounts. It runs on dedicated private cloud server infrastructure. This environment provides additional high availability (HA) infrastructure elements, including the following features:
High Availability Redundant Hardware Firewalls
Multiple high capacity hardware firewalls configured redundantly so that if any one should fail, the others will automatically take over.
High Availability Redundant Hardware Load Balancers
Multiple high capacity hardware load balancers configured redundantly so that if any one should fail, the others will automatically take over.
High Availability Redundant Network Switching
All network switching is setup using redundant, bonded network interfaces and switches, so that if a network card or cable or switch fails, the network traffic flow to and from the servers will not be affected.
High Availability Central Data Storage
All server data is stored in a centralized storage array that includes:
- Multiple hot spare drives
- Small RAID 5 and RAID 10 arrays
- High overall IO capacity and storage space
- Redundant processor boards
- Redundant power
- Redundant, independent connections to every server
This gives large amounts of high capacity, fast disk space. It enables quick recovery from any disk failure and minimizes that chance of multi-disk failure.
High Availability Servers
Premium Dedicated Servers and Premium Shared Servers (as well as other components of our system) are run on VMWare virtual machines running vMotion. This allows the virtual servers to recover instantly from hardware failure on the underlying hypervisor servers. E.g. failure of RAM, CPU, or other inherently non-redundant server components could crash an underlying hypervisor …. but the servers using will be quickly and automatically moved to other hypervisors while the problem one is repaired. This minimizes and mitigates any downtime due to hardware failure.
Redundant Inbound Email Infrastructure
At BxB Secure, redundancy is the key to successful email delivery. Our inbound email servers, which are separate from your email storage servers, are set up in a redundant failover configuration so that your mail is always delivered quickly and correctly even if a server fails or becomes unavailable for any reason. In the unlikely event that your email storage server becomes temporarily unavailable, backup spools will automatically queue your mail and retry delivery to ensure that no mail gets dropped or lost and that it gets delivered as fast as possible.
BxB Secure uses multiple levels of email servers to protect you from the impact of email floods due to mass-emailing viruses and worms and to off-load the effort of spam, virus, and custom email filtering.
Server Health Monitoring
LuxSci employs extensive server monitoring to ensure the health and reliability of all shared and dedicated servers. This includes:
- Constant remote monitoring of all service ports on all servers to detect service or connectivity issues.
- A custom server health monitoring suite runs on every machine and constantly scans for a vast array of different kinds of problems — configuration, abuse, etc. — and either mitigates the problems itself or alerts support so that steps can be taken to ensure that the problem has minimal or no impact on our users.